Friday, November 30, 2007

Superficial Surrey



These two fellas showed up on our street today and painted our lamp post. Sort of makes me wonder if some Surrey bureaucrat has been reading my blog.


Maybe next they'll pave the road leading down to my neighbourhood, the one riddled with black varicose veins.




Better yet, maybe they'll even manage to clean up King George Highway and deal with the drugs and crime and prostitution instead of concerning themselves with the salmon spawning creek that aligns my property by constructing a fugly fence with a warning posted "NO DUMPING" because fish live here. And by DUMPING, I'm talking lawn clippings, dead flowers, Fall leaves that are not even disposed near the water. And don't give me this dirt saturation bullshit either.



What's more annoying is in the 9 years I've lived here I have not seen ONE GODDAMNED SALMON, not ONE! I've sure seen a lot of Safeway shopping carts down there though, garbage, car parts, debris, debris, debris.



Nope, but let's get these street lights all purdy because we are the city of parks, don'tcha know. And we're going to pretend everything's hunky-dory because we've been painted over, we smell like new paint, look like new paint.....and dry like paint.

No comments: