Sunday, November 11, 2007

themomblogs.com have "SPANKED" me

Here's what I gotta' say...sorta like this:

The First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

First Amendment Handbook
The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
© 2003 RCFP. 1815 N. Fort Myer Dr., Suite 900, Arlington VA 22209 (703) 807-2100

Libel: Infliction of emotional distress
=======================
Individuals sometimes sue the news media for emotional distress caused by the publication of embarrassing, truthful facts.

However, in Hustler Magazine v. Falwell,18 the Supreme Court ruled that public figures and public officials may not recover for intentional infliction of emotional distress without demonstrating that the material in question contained a false statement of fact that was made with actual malice. The high court noted that editorial cartoonists and other satirists must be protected not only from libel suits, but also from suits claiming emotional distress, when caricaturing public figures or commenting on matters of public concern.

Libel: Harm
========
The heart of a libel suit is the claim that the plaintiff's reputation was injured. In some states, harm does not need to be shown if the statements in question concern a criminal offense, a loathsome disease, a female's unchastity, or matters harming a person's business, trade, profession or office. When any of these types of statements is involved, damage to the plaintiff's reputation is presumed.

In most states, damage to reputation also is presumed when accusations of fraud, incompetence or improper behavior are made about business or professional people.

If the defamatory nature of the statements can be proven only by introducing facts that were not published as part of the original statements, a plaintiff usually must prove a monetary loss as a result of the publication to recover damages.

I could probably go on and on and on...unless I hear otherwise as to why I was FORBIDDEN/removed from the momblogs.com group of mommies, I will reserve my judgement and course of action until a response is expeditiously and formally announced.

Until then, I will continue my adoration and respect for MICHAEL MOORE, I will continue to use the words: fucktard, retard, shithead, cunt, and lonely midwestern skanks, and I will continue to exercise my right to free speech, whether I'm a goddamned American, Canadian, Frenchman or a Cuban....


EDIT: Long winded correspondence removed.

UPDATE: November 13
I have access to the momblogs again and look forward to blogging of my own free will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post was just sent to me.. as owner of TheMomBlogs.com - I have no idea what you are talking about. We have never rejected/denied a site for any reason, except for only if we cannot find our button/text link back to us which is a requirement to be in the directory.

Any mom blogger is welcome to join us - but the requirement is that there needs to be a link/button back to us in the sidebar, top or bottom of the page.