Sunday, December 02, 2007

Exlax Need Not Apply







It may surprise some people when I say it doesn't snow that much in Western Canada...well, the lower mainland of British Columbia. Really, it's a bit of a shock for us to see the white stuff, since we are accustomed to all the frickin' rain. Yet occasionally, a cold front hits us and voila!...SNOW.

I miss snow. I remember growing up and having lots of it...up to my knees, but of course, I probably was 4 feet high so my memories are disproportional of actual snowfalls. Yet, in the olden days it snowed....each year in B.C. we see less of it...hoping it snows on Christmas Day...missing it. Sort of like when it's summer you wish for winter, and when it's winter you wish for summer.

We wish for seasons to pass to quickly, I think. How many more summers do I have? Winters without snow? Thus, we enjoy our treks to Whistler or Hemlock or Grouse Mountain or Seymour...and would never dream of flying to Mexico or Hawaii like so many of us do.

Why? They don't have snow.

No comments: