Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home...your house is on fire

An update to my "Royal Canadian Mounted Poops" posting which was about my son being accused of lighting a fire at a townhouse complex, the accuser...a 9 year old boy, and the need for my ..... OUR tax dollars at work to send two frickin' police cars to my residence to investigate .... and the continuing nonsense dealing with low-life scum, loser trash people who call themselves parents.

Last Friday this boy was caught with a matchbox of wooden matches, intending to set a gas can on fire. Enough said.

It makes one wonder how kids begin to think of destruction and blame and if this is just the first step into their career of crime. How sad some parents turn a blind eye to smooze their lives over as a functional family unit.

Oh, yes, the picture is depicting Hans Christian Andersen story about a poor little girl who tries to sell matches to the townspeople of a small town at Christmastime to no avail. Snow begins to fall and Christmas Eve is upon them. All find shelter except for the Little Match Girl.

The Little Match Girl strikes a match and envisions dolls and stuffed animals that come to life from the Toy Store. She strikes another match and sweets from the Candy Store come to life and dance for her.

and.....-sob- -sob- -sob-

My gut instinct tells me this boy will never see such fantastic plays such as The Little Match Girl, or Oliver, things my mom took us to when we were kids, as I pass down to the next generation - my kids - art, inspiration and wonderment.

He's striking a match for other reasons and it sure isn't about keeping warm.

No comments: