Friday, June 28, 2013

Sabrina's Romance

It is not often I hear one of my most favorite songs on the radio. But when it plays on the radio, the motor races just a bit faster : the sun shines just a bit brighter. My heart hopes and is happy and content and is truly full. And I don't even know why it's full - it's because this song tells me it is. Something fabulous lies ahead of us all, in traffic, as we depart our dull jobs and robotic lives, committed to banks and bill payments and stop signs. My foot is heavy and rebellious - "yes, look at me - I'm turning left and I'm not signalling!"

This is what I hope Sabrina connects to when she is driven in ambulance to the Emergency Room. I hope she hears this song, slightly. As blood escapes from her skull, forehead, nose ..... as she drifts to unconsciousness in romantic traffic. They stop and let her pass. The romantic traffic cares for her.

No comments: