Sunday, June 16, 2013

My name is Elinor.

I remember yesterday like it was yesterday.

I was a day younger of course, not as old as I thought I was or felt like I was, not as old as the newspapers depict me as,  "the grandmother".   Geez, just because I was married and had children, who themselves blessed me with precious grandchildren, is not a reason to sum me up as a person with grey hair and should be finished with her life anyway.  I had so much to give.  I'm Elinor.

I love my husband so much.  The thought of not being with him, or any harm to his being, simply destroys me.  But I know he is strong and he protects me the same way.  We don't even talk any more.  Our eyes communicate between us now.  And that's enough.  It's all we need.

He likes to tease of yesterdays and sneaks kisses and snuggles against me on our evening walks.  It's suppose to bring down high blood pressure and reduce stress and help with digestion, and yes, maybe present a romantic opportunity for a smooch along our evening strolls.

Strange though, in an instant I was holding his hand ..... then in another I wasn't.

I remember flying.  Strange thing to remember flying, because logically we can't fly.   But there I am,  in the sky, above the car, I must be dreaming.  It must be a dream.

"A 65-year-old woman has died after being struck by a car Sunday afternoon.
The victim was walking on the north shoulder of 14 Avenue near Caribou Street around 4:30 p.m. when she was hit. Police say the suspect vehicle, a blue 2007 Honda Accord, fled the scene and was located about an hour later not far from the accident scene. The vehicle had black winter rims, no wheel covers.
It is believed the Accord was travelling westbound and passed another vehicle on the right before hitting the pedestrian. The victim's name is not being released at the request of her family.
Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicle in the minutes leading up to it. If you have any information, contact Mission RCMP at 604-826-7161 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-84177."

Elinor died after being hit by a car while walking with her husband on 14th avenue.

My name is Elinor and I was here.  



No comments: