Sunday, April 07, 2013

The Great Gig in the Sky

As far as I remember before, our link to a commonality of self, inner belief, life.  One song.  One record.  The depth, the rumors, the tabloids, Rolling Stone, other famous bands, fans, groupies, Time.

We were there.  We lived it.  Live, in person.  And nothing in this world can take that away from us, not even the Wizard of Oz.  The prism, so much like the triangular space ships now focusing on Earth.  To this day we believe Pink Floyd are aliens, surely they must be!  The music is too fantastic, we can't hear all at once.  It comes in pieces, a million times, and it's only our brains that accept the speed in which we accept the reality of it all, the perfection of perfect.

We had two tickets to concert, but I could not go.  Panic surrounded me because the triangular ships had come the week before.  It would take months before I could step outside beneath the prism sky.

Thankfully, buddy Steven had chopped off the tip of his thumb at a lumber yard accident 3 months earlier, which resulted with a hefty $8,000 sorry pay cheque from Worker's Compensation, which was used for a limo hire and all the booze they could drink.  A fun time was had by all, so I heard.

I eventually returned to work, reducing my Xanax intake to caffeine and faded memories of fear.  One song remains, however, the one I listen to whether I want to or not, the album still plays between breaths and sudden disruption of sleep and the unusual objects in the sky.  They are warning me........

Light speed has since passed.

To better understand, I have provided a link to the entire Dark Side of the Moon album, so you can make up your own minds.  And maybe one day, you'll be privileged & awakened to see them, too.


No comments: