Saturday, April 13, 2013

I am the most fabulous person in the world - I don't need 1 million Twitter followers to prove it!

Daughter went out tonight - so begins the worry,  because she's leaving with the one we absolutely detest, the drunken, "let's party" always on her mind, no good for nothing, crack head friend, cell phone, expensive clothing, bank card withdrawal, thief!   Since daughter is visually impaired, crack head friend knows her PIN on her ATM card, and while daughter gets good and shit-faced after two beers, the bank card heads out on secret journey, eventually returned to her purse in the dead hour.

But as parents, what do we know! We've got it all wrong. Sadly, daughter had TWO friends like this, until a few months ago, when Leeanne entered recovery.
Her facebook says things like: "so mad that the programming is changing so much here. recovery is supposed to be about coping, and stability, not about dysfunctional bs because you're so lonely, doesnt mean you should make us lonely, dont worry i seeee you"
or things like: "Be the change that you want to see in the world - Ghandi"

Here's a recent picture of the new Leeanne, at a blanketing ceremony at young wolves lodge



Here's a picture of the girls together.

Bravo to Leeanne - she looks so much healthier, stronger, happier.  I hope she keeps it up, perhaps the girls will start thinking about other activities, like:


I had to give up my own addiction - since I work now - loved playing Facebook games, especially Hidden Chronicles.  I think I had the most fabulous estate going....


Before I got my new job, I came across an advert, listing the requirements of the job, education, experience, etc.  They also asked for a photo of yourself and salary expectations.  I sent them this, along with a request for night shift work only.



Some people change, others cannot.  I think I'll always be cynical, judgmental, satirical, hysterical and comical.  But mostly, I'll always be brave in thought and tongue and will never lose hope and belief in myself, and others.



No comments: