Sunday, April 28, 2013

Factual Pulp Fiction

I hate when Sabrina goes out with that girl.

Why is she like this.........she has been treated like a princess since birth, a spoiled, pampered little girl, yet there are thousands of little girls just like her who don't become "lazy, partying, drunks".  The obvious answers are 'who she hangs with'.   There are some special circumstances,  however,  that explains her behavior, with her visual impairment and loss of sight.   We were warned by child psychologists of future episodes of retaliation and depression because blind kids cannot drive and eventually they build up a persona of undesirability.

Prognosis:  Suicide is a probability.

We pick her up at 4:00am, because the sky train doesn't run now. We pick her up because she's screaming and crying and says she's hurt.   She argues and swears and screams "COME GET ME NOW". It's not the  first time we've received this call in the dead of night.  It occurs frequently.   Sometimes the police pick her up and she's taken to 'drunk tank'.  Sometimes they bring her directly home.

And then when she arrives, we lay in bed awake all night because she's hungry and she has decided to cook bacon and eggs, or sandwich or Kimchee noodles, and there's a mess of mayonnaise and maple syrup on three flights of stairs and milk spills, and the fire alarm sounds and bacon is burning.

She runs a bath and I hear her snore and will certainly drown.  I shyly peek into the bathroom to check and she's dead calm, legs spread eagle with mascara smudges smearing down her eyes.  Her body isn't like mine, not a template of me.  She is much different.  It is obvious she has had a brazilian wax job, her tits are perkier.  I boast to myself I was in much better shape than you are at your age.

Of course tomorrow, when she's sober, she will have forgotten everything.   She'll cover herself quickly in towel if I walk into her room while she's dressing, cover her breasts and demand privacy.  I keep my mouth shut.  No use going there.

I open the drain to allow the water to escape in the hopes the chill of the air will awaken her -- and it does -- to some extent..  She rises and I blanket her in towel.  Then I stand by and watch as she falls asleep then that girl calls.




No comments: