Friday, May 11, 2007

Animal Farm .....

Mother nature can be freaky sometimes.

I get lots of animals and critters begging for food at my back door. Racoons, always in pairs or more, sometimes they bring their babies along. I get squirrels, lots of them. And I name them, usually after the fellas from Trailer Park Boys, like Bubbles, Julian, Randy, Mr. Layhee, etc.

A few of them are tamed. Sandy, eats from my hand, and comes when I call her name.

I've had the few odd stray cats, mice. But three days ago, I started feeling this....



I have been feeding him bird seed, borrowed from the neighbour, and the mixture is full of sunflower seeds. Guess who wants a piece of the action...this is Sandy.



The watering hole....


The pigeon has been tagged; a green ring on one ankle and a yellow one on the other. A nearby neighbour had a backyard full of homing pigeons, and they use to fly circles above our cul-de-sac. And he had some birds that flew long distant races, some of them even went to California and back. Sadly, this guy moved away about a year ago....and I think this pigeon just got back from a long haul.

No comments: