Thursday, January 04, 2007

Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2006 December 8

Dear Military Police Fund, The CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind), and Debra, my mobility teacher and friend:

My name is Sabrina and I am fourteen years old.

This past September I participated in Space Camp for visually impaired students in Huntsville, Alabama. I am writing you to thank you for donating the funds for me to attend this camp, which I enjoyed tremendously.

I made several new friends from across the world, and learned a lot at Space Academy and enjoyed the gravity machine, making a mini rocket ship to launch, and sharing my room with other visually impaired girls from Saskatchewan and the U.S.A.

I missed a week of school, but I learned a lot at Space Camp, and gained confidence simply by being away from home, far, far away, taking long plane rides, and sharing my daily experiences with kids who were also away from home for the first time.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to experience what it’s like to be an astronaut, an adventure that I will remember forever.

Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Kindest regards,
Sabrina
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/

No comments: