Monday, January 15, 2007

Choose and be the Dufus at the Water Cooler

I was watching Entertainment Tonight (the U.S version) and all the pre-Golden Globe Award ceremonies and pomp, including the fashion sense of CoJo, our Canadian pretty faced kid-done-good, who almost died from kidney failure, a trusted voice of style.

I had this eerie feeling about him tonight, like I've seen him before, in another life....

CoJo looks more like this now, a chubbier face, because of all the meds he must take for his kidney transplant, but gosh, don't you think he looks like Chastity Bono.

You know, Sonny and Cher's kid. I loved that show.

So, back to the Golden Globe Awards, full of Keifer Sutherland and his hit show "24", then there's Prison Break. I understand both will air on Monday evenings at 8pm. Who do I pick? I love both shows and this is killing me, almost as much as parents who name their kid Wentworth. Come on now. What in the hell name is that. Wentworth. I looked it up, Google says it's a parliamentary constituency in South Yorkshire, and if I want to know more about the genealogy I'll have to pay $24.99 for a subscription...screw that, I'll just let my mind sort it out in a big school yard fight.

What if I show up at work and everyone watched Jack Bauer's escape from a nuclear blast, saving humanity, with speed dial to every presidential elect, three terms in a row, and I tuned into watch Michael Scofield's escape back into prison instead. Oh, I am going to be such a loser geek, then there'll be whispers of my mental stability and loyalty to the realities of television.

Dilemma: "24" or Prison Break.


Oh, yes, T.V. land, you play a naughty game. You've played me a thousand times before in your prime time wars. Do I get invited to lunch with the cool people, or am I brown-bagging it with my just desserts being a fleeting memory of Wentworth's flourescent eyes.

Keifer or Wentworth....Keifer, actually that's kind of weird name, too.

Oops, sorry...wrong Sutherland, but you must admit, father and son look alike,

or

Wentworth....

myspace
Animated GIFs

No comments: