Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Just Saying....

I'm truly disturbed about my newest discovery this evening. I am coming to you -live- via Mozilla Firefox vs. my regular Internet Explorer. Now, come on...what's the difference? What happened to my technology? Did I allow my children to rule the computer on MSN, Bebo and Facebook? What happened to my regular, safe, easy to use interface? Even YouTube indicates my blog links are "no longer available".

What's happening to me! Am I going crazy? All Internet Explorer views of my blog links to YouTube are unavailable and I rush and seek out alternative video formats to replace the originals that once elaborated a story on my blog. Until Brandon, my 11 year old son told me that YouTube will only work with Firefox.

Shit. Honestly, it's difficult to keep up when you're not in the cut. I'm so removed from my previous self that I now have callus on my mid fingers from opening up beer and cider bottles. I am so removed from office protocol I've become cynical of my choices of anti-bacterial soap vs. the green crap they pretend to save the world with. Have I evolved?

Hell no. I'm still confused. Why didn't anyone tell me about Firefox and why is Internet Explorer still around if it's been repositioned to "special projects".

To be quite honest with you, I have no idea what Internet Explorer or Firefox have in common, whether they are one and the same and merely build changes, I just can't seem to find the energy to research it right now.

I'm more interested in the U.S.A. Presidential Election more than anything else. It's not that it commands most of my attention, but it beats the hell out of my own Canadian election of whom I've no clue who is running, whether they are pro, con, abortion killers, death row killers, church killers (ouch).

I'm just saying.

What changes would become when either candidate wins?

Is there so much attention on this election because there is a possibility of an African-American being nominated as President of these United States of America, or that a woman has become a new build of Susan B. Anthony.

But what do I know. I'm just America's retarded cousin who sits at the children's table, who once worked for huge American companies, witnessing the processes and procedures and the writings thereof, enlisting hours upon hours of meetings and meetings and paper and control documents and interface relations documents and document identification documents and bullshit upon bullshit, with Californian wives showing up at YVR in fur coats, and Fullerton secretaries who asked what the time change difference was in Vancouver.

I'm just saying.

I hope America can shuffle through all that paperwork and make the right decision.





No comments: