Tuesday, June 24, 2008

There Better Be a July Long Weekend!!



Canada Day this year falls on a TUESDAY, which means there will not be a long weekend. I've heard many companies are remaining open on Monday and taking Tuesday off.

NO WAY.....


I've instructed my clients to stay away on Monday because I won't be here, and that's final. In five years I've taken two sick days (but was still open anyways) and just one emergency day (when I had to send everyone home). And this was because hubby began taking Niacin, which has gotten a reputation for being a nutrient that is able to lower cholesterol. However, on his first dose something went wrong...he began to turn beet red, which we now know is flush, which, at certain niacin levels the expansion of the capillaries can cause heat, redness and itching. But did we know that. NOPE. I dialed 911 instead because his entire body was turning colour and he felt weak and uncomfortable. It eventually went away but I was sure scared.

The weather forecast calls for fantasticly HOT.

I haven't yet told Sabrina she will NOT be allowed to bring along a friend, especially the boyfriend, because it's costly, one more body takes up more space in the Hummer, the trailer, everywhere. We can't walk around in our underwear, fart, relax.

Not certain if Mark and his kids will be joining us as they just purchased a new house in Chilliwack and could possibly be moving this weekend.

No comments: