Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Dance of Thanksgiving

What I did today:

-woke up
-dragged my ass out of bed towards the toasty smell of coffee, that being, it has been brewed long before I got up and it is now burnt
-microwave said coffee to an acceptable level of heat
-race upstairs because saw Hummer drive up in the driveway, nephew is visiting for the weekend, don't want to scare him or offend him in anyway, as I am wearing nothing but a tee-shirt and undies that don't fit
-shower
-plaster makeup on my face
-go downstairs and forfeit my rights to breakfast; eggs, bacon, toast, the whole works
-go to Safeway to buy potatoes, because I don't want to buy a 100 lb bag at Costco, which is where I plan to go next
-go home with Safeway small portions, then drag hubby and nephew and kids to Costco
-but first, hit the bank for some cash, since Costco doesn't take credit cards
-go to Costco and find parking 1 mile away
-buy stuff for Thanksgiving Dinner, ie. fruit plate, cheese/meat plate, flower arrangement for table center piece, apple pie (which is right out of the oven), chicken for tonight's dinner
-have argument with hubby because he doesn't like the flower arrangement I am buying, says it's "half dead", which is true, but have no choice...need center piece.
-allow hubby to return said flower arrangement
-advise hubby must stop at Superstore to purchase alternate table center piece
-but first, must stop at Dollar Store, for knick-knacky Thanksgiving stuff...of which, there are none
-buy sea salt grinder thing instead, thinking my mom would probably like this on her turkey
-make hubby drive me to SuperStore, to buy flowers
-buy laundry soap, toilet paper and a planter of Mums
-drive to liquor store, purchase rum for sister, wine for anyone who wants it, beer for hubby and nephew and cider for me
-go home, it is still pissing rain
-yell at three racoons to get away, they have been showing up too early these days
-set table up with nice plates, etc.
-make dinner; chicken, rice and peas
-continue doing the laundry, which is an everyday process
-wash dishes
-set up bowls needed for tomorrow
-boot daughter off the computer so that I can have some time on it to update my blog
-upload some videos of the kidlens from YOUTUBE, since the BLOGGER uploader doesn't seem to work
-scream and yell at hubby and kids because the camera is dead and needs recharging
-pissed off even more because can't find the recharger
-pissed off I can't show pictures of racoons
-satisfied I've done all I could have done today in preparation for tomorrow's dinner
-checked hair for lice
-sprayed Febreeze everywhere

1 comment:

lorraina said...

sea salt? You had sea salt?
You should carry on with all the preparations of making and serving the dinner...it was excellent by the way...